Thursday, September 1, 2011

"1001"

As mentioned before in this space, I've been working on some new projects. I'm ready to share one of them today. So I started a new blog a month ago. I didn't say anything because I wanted to make sure that I was actually going to do it. So far, looking good.

1001 Days of Music is me taking a crack at the door-stopper 1001 Songs You Must Hear Before You Die. At my current rate of one song reviewed every day it will take me 3 years give or take. I might not make it. I could die. The world could end and we could all die. I might start hating music. I might get depressed and not do anything for a while.

But for the time being, I have hope.

I started with the first five songs in the book chronologically. After listening to the advice of friends and family, I switched it up and now I am pulling songs basically randomly-ish. I have known most of the songs and most of the artists, but not all of them. I have liked most of the songs, but not quite all of them. I am leaving comments on for all previous posts for now, because I honestly expect very few readers, but I'm proud of something, so I'm sharing. I hope that I will have something else to share in another month.

No comments: