Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"Careless Whisper"


In honor of Disco's score of George Michael tickets, I've named this quicky after a song of his about loose lips, rumors, and, well, yeah, it doesn't really hang together well, but I'll be damned if I name a post Rumors now that I know that Lindsey Lohan has a song by that name.

OK, OK, focus.

So about a month ago I mentioned that The Hobbit was coming, and that there would be two films. Apparently, they are not splitting it. The are doing a interstitial film. This transcript from Guillermo and Peter is a dull read in my opinion, but it is clear that they plan on doing something based in the time period between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. They've mentioned following Gandalf during his time apart from Bilbo and the Dwarves; following Gollum as he travels to Mordor, is captured and released, or doing something else that just ties all the movies together.

I'm worried. I mean, I love these guys and the work that they do, but if the last film out of 5 is not epic, that might be really upsetting to the fans. For now, I'm happy to see that they are putting a lot of thought and time into everything.

No comments: