Friday, April 25, 2008

"The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins"

UPDATED BELOW


In the category of things I am late to the party of finding out about, this is surely not the worst, and yet is the most recent.

Guillermo Del Toro is going to direct the Hobbit and apparently a sequel as well. Does this mean they are splitting the book into two films?

Peter Jackson and therefore by extension, we must presume WETA is still involved. That being said, I ask for opinions. Will the Hobbit be the greatest summer movie of the year it is released; or will it be the greatest movie of the year it is released?



UPDATE:
For those of you who know Dave, but do not regularly read his family's various blogs, I would just like to point on that picture #6 on his sister's post: Found an Old Photo Album contains a look into our friend's past. I was going to say something about how I won't be able to go to sleep tonight because I'm afraid he's going to come through my monitor and eat my children, but I didn't want to bias your opinion of the picture. So I wont.

1 comment:

hemisphire said...

My concern is that the first movie is the Hobbit, but the second movie is all new to bridge the gap between it and LOTR.

So greatest summer movie of 2010, but not so sure about 2011.