Monday, October 22, 2007

"You Were Meant For Me"


What a crappy weekend.

I spent a good portion of Friday night, all through Saturday morning in intense indigestion style pain. About 12 hours straight. No kidding. So then, when I finally passed out at 11:00 in the morning on Saturday, I wasted the entire day by not waking up until that evening.

I was supposed to go to a Halloween party Saturday night, I had a costume idea all ready, and only needed a few cheap accessories from Wall Mart to finish it off. Then right after I woke up, my costume partner had to back out of the party. So my girlfriend came over to the house, picked me up and we drove to Fair Oaks Mall. Hours later, we left and still did not have costumes. In desperation I headed to Target. The Halloween costume section of the store looked like a tornado had hit, and no one had cleaned up. The 75% off Clearance section of the Woman's department looked like it might have some ideas, but nothing good materialized. We were about to head to the party (only 2 hours late, OK more like 3) sans costume when my girlfriend said something about a robe and slippers. So we grabbed some slippers and snatched a few cheap robes off the racks. We were ready to roll. Then we found the pajamas.

Now I won't try to describe them here. Someone at the party took pictures, and when I get those I will let the cuteness speak for itself. For now, I'll just say that we were a hit.

The party was good, but lasted way into the next morning. In fact, our hostess was pretty much asleep on her feet by the time we left, the poor girl. Sunday was a wasted day for getting anything done, and at the end of the night, we didn't even get to kill our players!

A real let down for a weekend that was supposed to include a beer festival, but that's what I get for being old: indigestion.

I've got nothing on tap as far as trivia, quizzes, or anything goes. Guess I need to get cracking! Rarely visited bogs don't write themselves!

2 comments:

Joe Jubinville said...

Throw in a peruke and you could go as Thomas Jefferson - who was said to have a penchant for entertaining guests in his pajamas and slippers.

"...indigestion style pain." That's the first time I've heard of pain as having a style. I see pain relief marketing possibilities there...

Unknown said...

Great, now you made me look up peruke. Like I needed that fact in my brain. I'm sure it pushed out something important too. I'm placing the blame on Joe if I forget your birthday anybody!