Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"Rocket"


So we had some good guesses, but fewer people than I thought. Guess this one was a little hard. Or maybe just not interesting enough. I tried to stray from the music quizzes a little, and the next quiz is also not music related. In addition, the next quiz I was going to do is fairly hard (I think) so maybe I'll put it on the back burner. Take a break from the quizzes, see if I can fill my blog with something else for a while. Random trivia, or a play by play on updating my resume.

Enough of that. On to the answers.

1. I like rich people. I like the way they live. I like the way I live when I'm with them. This is Richard Haydn as Max Detweiler in The Sound of Music. He's the weaselly but nice about it manager/kindly uncle.

2. We're all going to die and they're never going to give me my license! E.T. The older brother says it about the feds chasing them.

3. I can do anything, I'm the chief of police. Fletch was a good guess, I can almost hear Chevy Chase saying it, but it is from Jaws.

4. Angel, ha! She's a female! And all females is poison! They're full of wicked wiles! "What's a wile" "I don't know, but I'm agin' 'em". Oh Grumpy, one day you'll warm up to women. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

5. That's a pie crust promise. Easily made, easily broken. Julie Andrews movie number 2: Mary Poppins. Way to go Melissa.

6. Her dream had come true. She was a folk singer. Not as obscure a quote as I thought, Forest Gump it is. Big pat on the back for everyone, unless you pictured Buttercup naked in which case you are dirty. Bad readers! Hee Hee, now you're all doing it.

7. Kids, we're gonna have to eat this cake by ourselves. Your Uncle Joey didn't make parole again. Back to the Future it is, with Lea Thompson in some really great fat/age make-up.

8. I don't want to play the gender card right now. You want to play a card, let's play the "let's not die" card. I didn't expect anyone to get this. It's from Nemo! Marlin is talking to Dory about not asking for directions, then Dory speaks whale remember? Man I've watched that movie too many times for a thirty year old without kids.

9. Do you know why the number two hundred is so vitally descriptive to both you and me? It's your weight and my I.Q. Oscar winner Gene Hackman in the role I remember him best for: Lex Luthor in the first Superman film. He's bitching out his hired help Otis (Ned Beatty) in this line. Way to go Lex, biggest brain on the planet, rip on a guy for being fat.

10.When you grow up, your heart dies. Melissa is right on with Breakfast Club.

11.I want him manning a radar tower in Alaska by the end of the day. Just mail him his clothes.
Ominous line from the first Mission Impossible movie.

12.Wonderful girl! Either I'm going to kill her or I'm beginning to like her. Han Solo will hunt down those of you who did not know this and revoke your geek card. Of course Lykaon gave his up of his own free will earlier this month.

13. Both hands on the wheel, Mr. Jones, I'm a very nervous passenger. Sean Connery as James Bond in Dr. No. Dude picks him up from the airport, and Bond knows its a setup the whole time.

14.This is the cleanest and nicest police car I've ever been in my life. This thing is nicer than my apartment. Axel! Eddie Murphy in the first Beverly Hills Cop. It's from earlier in the film, before they realise he's a cop.

15. Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle; it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes. And last is Airplane! Melissa got this one too.

Hope everyone enjoyed this little walk down memory lane. Sorry I didn't include pics or videos, but I actually have work to do at work today! Stupid work, making Davey's few loyal readers have to stare at boring text.

No comments: