Thursday, September 27, 2007

"You Never Give Me Your Money"


Hey!, I got the Video thing working. I'm sure all of you have done this, and I am lame, but look...I have 18 videos in one post! Previously I had gone to Youtube and told it to post to my blog and them I had to go to my blog and write the post around it. And I could only have the one video. So here are answers to the quiz. Hemisphire rocked the house on this one, with Maren picking up the pieces he missed. Together they left only one blank, and had only one wrong answer.

1. One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do. And as you'll hear, two can be as bad as one.


Three Dog Night-"One"

2. You're going to cry 96 tears.


?uestion Mark and the Mysterians-"96 Tears"

3. 8



The Beatles-"Eight Days a Week"

4. You don't have to guess, when its 3


School House Rock-"Three is a magic number"

5. She was just 17, you know what I mean.


The Beatles-"I Saw Her Standing There"

6. I'm 22 now but I won't be for long. This is a live version. I really love his early stuff.



Billy Bragg-"A New England"

7.When I was 35, it was a very good year. Shatner has a very scary version, but I'm not going to subject you to that.

Frank Sinatra-"It Was A Very Good Year"

8. Track 29! Boy you can give me a shine.

The is Dorothy Dandridge backed up by the The Nicholas Brothers and the Glenn Miller Orchestra-"Chattanooga Choo Choo"

9. 110 Cornets indeed.

From the Music Man-"Seventy-Six Trombones"

10. It's quarter to 3. The only mistake in the bunch. I love Frank's version, and Dean's, and Cab's, but I couldn't pass up this killer rendition.

Billie Holiday-"One for my Baby (and One More For the Road)"

11. The Number 13 tattooed on my neck. Glen Danzig of the Misfits wrote it and Johnny Cash sang it. I can't find a single version I like. So no video.

12. There must be 50. Paul Simon wrote it, and his version is a master piece. This is funny.
The Electric Mayhem-"50 Ways to Leave Your Lover"

13. Seven Sundays, gotta love that alliteration.

Extreme-"Seven Sundays"

14. 19 breakdowns is a lot. Seriously, you should look into some therapy.

The Rolling Stones- "19th Nervous Breakdown"

15. 150 cents. They will charge you a dollar and a half just to see the tree museum.

Joni Mitchell- "Big Yellow Taxi"

16. A 39 and a half foot pole is very long. Over 12 meters.

Thurl Ravenscroft- "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"

17. 55 mph. This video is lame. So why bother.
Sammy Hagar-"I Can't Drive 55"

18. 92. This is the version of this song. Sure, Tony is great, and Mel wrote it, but this is the real deal.

Nat King Cole-"The Christmas Song"

19. '69. He bought it at the five and dime. Which isn't really likely in 1969, but, whatever.

Bryan Adams-"Summer of '69"

20. 99 problems. This one has many curse words. It is not the original version, but a mash-up between Jay-Z, and The Beatles. I really really really recommend The Grey Album.


DJ Dangermouse-"99 Problems"


Stupid DJ Dangermouse video not working. I'll post it later. All the others should work.

5 comments:

Maren said...

Cool- I have yet to figure out the video thing. I must say, though, that as much as I like Billy Bragg- he is only quoting Simon and Garfunkel. It's the first line from the song Leaves That Are Green from The Sounds of Silence album.

Unknown said...

Wow. I had no idea. I mean, I should have known. We had Simon and Garfunkel in the house growing up. Why didn't I know that? Wow, I really am a little speachless. I'm a music snob! Why don't I know that? I feel like an idiot.

Thank you Maren. One, it is always good to have a little humility thrown your way now and again; and two, now I have a great reason to go back and listen the entire S&G catalogue!

Maren said...

Sorry- I didn't mean it to make you feel like an idiot! (Especially since I just left a light-hearted correction on another post.) Please don't feel bad!

hemisphire said...

10. I was thinking about this, actually.

17. The video is awesomely cheesy, but if you don't like it you should check out this nice Van Halen version instead.

19. I'll be doing a blog post about one of the writers of this soon. I actually remember a story about it was supposed to be the Summer of '73, but it didn't scan, but I can't find a source.

Anastasia B. said...

This was an amazing answer post. I thoroughly enjoyed watching all of those.

?uestion Mark was clearly ahead of his time with his dance moves - and the audience... well, they're sad. But funny.

I <3 that you included the Electric Mayhem version of 50 ways. Clear brilliance.

I still find it hilarious that so many of the classic Beatles & Stones concerts are just drowned out by screaming. That is clearly when pop took over and music, unfortunately, died.

I whole-heartedly agree about Nat's version of x-mas song.

Ditto to the Grey Album.

Damn the man. SAVE THE EMPIRE!