Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"On the Road Again"


Today is my last day at the office for a while. Then it's off to beautiful downtown Landsdowne VA for ten days chock full of copying, and stapling, all without the benefits of windows in the office, or cell phone service anywhere in the building.

I have mentioned Dark Roasted Blend before, but the latest batch of updates needs to be mentioned. This is the biggest freakin' RV ever. I would love to own it, and simultaneously be afraid to drive it, for fear of falling into this logical fallacy.

This is a cool collection of pics, and it contains a link down near the end of the article that many of you should find awesome. It's all about cool and obscure musical instruments.

Those of you who knew me in Richmond, or visited my old apartment up here know that I collect vintage records. I like vinyl LPs. Not because I am an audiophile who believes that sound clarity is better; no, I like the pretty pictures. I do like the music, don't get me wrong. I love the music I find on old records, but I started collecting, and continue collecting because the pictures on CDs are to small. I cover the walls with old album art. This collection is great, and I'd love to have some of these. I have one of them already in fact.

So my next few weekends are full of crazy fullness. I actually feel like I have a lot of fun stuff planned. This weekend is of course work. Sucks to start off that way, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. the next weekend is September 15th and 16th. The 15th I'm going down to Richmond to celebrate a friends Birthday, and the 16th my girlfriend's company is hosting a day at 6 flags. Next weekend we are headed to Philly to catch up with my friend Jen and hopefully hear her do Stravisnky's Rite of Spring and "Tchaik" 1. The last weekend in September is reserved for a trip to Williamsburg for a Scottish Festival plus I get to meet my girlfriend's family. The first weekend in October is a birthday weekend for my sister and my girlfriend. The weekend after that is the Suffolk Peanut Festival, another out of town weekend to visit with the family of my girlfriend. The next weekend is currently only one day scheduled. Saturday the 20th we are planning on going to the final DC United game of the season. So I've got Sunday free! Personally I'm hoping for a laundry day. Man can only turn his underwear inside out but so many times. The last weekend in October completes the circle, with another trip out to Landsdowne for training at the NCC. Plus somewhere in all of that we've got a Pirates vs. Ninja party and Halloween parties I'm almost definitely going to miss.

In fact I think I can safely say I'm going to miss the Pirates vs. Ninja party, which is sad because the party is sweet and I spent all of last year looking over at a girl on the couch and trying to figure out how to talk to her. Eventually I decided to be an idiot and sit next to her for a good two hours without really saying much more than hi; but I rallied strong and walked her back to her car. And then did nothing for two days. Finally, on the Tuesday after the Pirates vs. Ninja party (full disclosure, She was a Pirate and I a Ninja) I asked her out on a date. In an email. thankfully she saw past all the stupidness from before and the tons more that was to follow.

This past Saturday was the one year wedding anniversary of my friend Mark. It was also the one year anniversary of the first time I looked across a table, and really saw a girl in a dress I still say was blue. It took weeks of hemming and hawing before a date, and months before we were official, but I still remember what she looked like that night.

No comments: