Friday, March 2, 2012

"Red Solo Cup"

Over on 1001 days of music I just recently posted my 200th review. I'm not going to link directly to the 200th post, because I didn't really like the song! Poor planing on my part I guess.

This past weekend some friends of mine got together and threw a last minute gaming weekend together. Last minute baby having plans for two of our group meant that we had no place to hang, and no long term D&D game to play. So after a little bit of organization, we officially organized Cabin-Con! Back in the early nineties my friends and I used to go over to the Big Yellow House near where Burke meets West Springfield, and play for days straight; we called it Gamestock. This was similar, but we did more board games and less role playing out at the cabin.

After driving to Rappahannock County, Kevin and I met up with the rest of the group at Griffin Tavern. Good food, funny waitress, and county karaoke. Except it wasn't really karaoke because everyone seemed to know the words and were performing without a lyrics sheet. Back at the cabin, we played two games of Dominion and a game of Apples to Apples. We also drank quite a bit and stayed awake until about 4:30am. The next morning we ate bacon and cinnamon rolls, which in case you were wondering, is a complete and nutritious breakfast when washed down with Mountain Dew.

After a quick trip to the corner store to get some coffee, we hooked up with the last member of our group and planned for the day. We decided to drive to Walmart to get lunch and dinner supplies. I sat in the back of the car and got a little sick, so I don't know where exactly we were; Culpeper maybe? The drive back was better, and I was feeling great by the time we got to the cabin. That day we played Settlers of Catan, Sour Apples to Apples, Cthulhu Gloom and a playset of Fiasco called Touring Rock Band. We had dinner, and drank some more before going to bed. Am I forgetting something?

Yes! I must experience BLJ! Sorry, bad joke. We played a Star Trek:The Next Generation interactive VCR board game. It was hilarious. It was exciting. It was challenging. It was infuriating. It was a good game. Do you have any old VCR games hanging around in your attic, or in your parents basement? Pull it out! It'll be more fun that you think.

No comments: