Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"I'm Gonna Send Your Vote To College"


I literally have four posts as drafts and I'm writing on this one instead.

Two are shells, holding places for future posts, one is another quiz but I can't post it until I've posted the answers to the last quiz which I'm still not done filling with video!

But I needed to write about something today, because it is how this boy gets through the long day of mind numbing work. So I pointed the old fox down the Tubular Highway towards the McPaper. Pop Candy has been on vacation this week, so I have had a lack of interesting ways to waste my time. Sure, there's Foucalt's shared items, and links on other's blogs, but Whitney has nothing better to do all day than find me interesting things to do and I love her for it.

Like I said, I was searching McPaper and found a candidate match game. You should all try it. The Link is in the last paragraph. It takes almost no time at all. They ask you 11 questions, and then you get to play with some sliding bars to weight the questions you find important or not. The best part is finding out I share the most positions with a guy I've never heard of.

I'm not here to talk about my political beliefs, or who I support in the upcoming elections. I'm here to share who USA today says I agree with.

1. My number one guy is Mike Gravel. I said Mike Gravel. Yep, I haven't heard of him either, and I talk politics with people on a very regular basis. I'd say 6 days a week I have a conversation of at least 15 minutes, and twice a week I have one of at least 30 minutes. About once a week I have one averaging 2 hours our so. So Mike Gavel is supposedly my man. He has been polling at about 0.5% lately. Less than one percent. Wow. My views are popular. Not!

2. Big step up here. Dennis Kucinich. What?! I've actually made fun of this guy, and he's polling in the low single digits. Seriously, I didn't think my views were that out of touch, but apparently I'm an extremist. But for which side? Sure, my number one and number two guys are low scoring Dems, but...

3. Mike Huckabee. An ordained Southern Baptist Minster. Apparently I think its time for another man from Hope Arkansas to be President. Before I changed the weight sliders, and all questions being equal, he was my number one guy. He fell to third when I pushed the bars around.

So What I'm proposing is that you, my loyal readers (all five of you) tell my not so loyal readers (all five of them) to get their asses to this little "game" and share here. I'm betting more than a few of you end up finding yourselves having to look up at least one of your three candidates you "share" the concerns of.

No comments: